February 22, 2017

The Vrana Palace


One of the exciting things about travelling to somewhere new is the newness of everything. While the feelings of unfamiliarity and absence of a routine feel a bit scary, it’s also a fun time to be embracing new surroundings. It also opens your eyes on being more appreciative for the things around us when we're home. There is beauty no matter where you are, whether you live in a city, the country, the suburbs or somewhere in between.
So in the end of 2016, my boyfriend and I headed out to visit one of the handful of historic places around Sofia - the Vrana Palace.
This exact weekend was also our first one that welcomed the brisk mornings that autumn brings. For that reason there weren't that much visitors. At the time of our arrival we noticed a few dozen visitor’s cars parked in the entry, but after a few minutes of roaming the grounds, we realized that the place was big enough to feel like we were the only ones there.


I’m someone who would live in all black outfits almost 24/7. But it still has to have something that pops or makes the outfit have character. The combination of textures and fabrics - silk, leather and a bit of sparkle - all made the look feel much more than just basic black.
I bought this military inspired Zara coat recently for a wedding and it’s still one of the best pieces I’ve added to my wardrobe and has been one of my go-tos ever since, no matter if I'm combining it with a dress, a skirt, basic jeans or leather leggings like in this case.


Leather pants/leggings are almost a year round staple for me, especially on the grey foggy days we’ve been having. A great pair of leather pants will always be chic and timeless, while still adding a little bit of edginess to any look.
I wore mine with the riding boots, which I bought recently too. A black pair of riding boots is one of the items that are worth spending a little bit more money on. Once you find the right pair, you’ll want to live in them and they will become a staple in your wardrobe.


The Vrana Palace is a former royal palace, located on the outskirts of Sofia. I have never visited it before, but I couldn't be happier that we decided to visit it in autumn. I'm sure that it is amazing in spring too with all the blooming flowers and green trees, but in autumn the whole area is something completely surreal! The crisp afternoon air and the colorful foliage that looks like a painting are things that I just can’t get enough of! It’s just what you would imagine from the places like this - incredibly charming and surrounded by the most beautiful fall colors you’ve ever seen.



Coat - Zara / Shirt - Stradivarius / Bag - H&M / Boots - Paolo Botticelli

SHARE:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig