December 22, 2018

Last Minute Holiday Gift Guide 2018


‘Tis the season for holiday celebrations, family traditions, office parties, annual soirées, and a seemingly endless stream of festivities, much to my delight. In addition to all of that, this is the time of year when the joy of treating a loved one to a gift that is beautiful, luxurious, and just a little bit over-the-top is too delightful to resist! Especially if gift giving is your love language like it is mine, there’s nothing more rewarding than seeing someone’s eyes light up and hearing them say “Oh, you shouldn’t have!” when opening something you knew they would love. And since this is a style/beauty blog, we are concentrating solely on beauty products and little things that would be perfect stocking stuffers.
In case you’re picking up a few last-minute beauty goodies for someone this week, here are a few of my favorite finds.


The limited edition perfume by Yves Rocher, called Nuit Vanille, is an elegant gift to add a touch of Christmas spirit to any event this time of year. There is nothing more festive than the combination of Vanilla, Bergamot, Jasmine Flower and Cedar Wood. The fragrance of a beautiful starry night. (Find it here and here, for Bulgaria here or in Yves Rocher stores).


Another great gift is one of the many beauty sets, offered again by Yves Rocher, every December, just in time for the holidays. As you know, these products are also limited, specially made for this time of the year. This Christmas I chose for my sister a set of body lotion, shower gel and hand cream scented with the enveloping and heartwarming of a red apple.


And since every year I just could not resist Yves Rocher's red Christmas ornament gift boxes, I bought one for myself and one for my Mum. Again I opted for the Red Apple sented version, that contains the same products but in mini sizes.


Of course, I have a few make-up options as well. Recently, I found a new series of products in DM, called 183 DAYS by trend IT UP, specially made for DM stores. At first I was a bit sceptical, but after trying a couple of their products, almost fell in love. My personal favorites are the Lip Balm and the Mattifying Base Spray. (As you know, I have very oily skin and have tried almost every product on the market, but this inexpensive spray is doing wonders!) Also, the fact that they come in sweet, Japan inspired packaging, is even more tempting.
Another thing that I want to try is their Fix + Glow Finish Spray, but it is always out of stock when I'm shopping. Let's hope for more luck in the new year.



Last, but certainly, not least, it is not going to be a perfect Christmas morning without my all-time-favorite mascara - Lash Sensational by Maybelline New York. And this holiday season, it comes in combination with an eye liner in a bold, statement-making Christmas ornament version of every girl's dreams.



And if you know me, a Christmas is never really fun without adding a book or three to my ever growing collection. This year I wished for and also bought for friends, these two classic options - The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well, which is international, NEW YORK TIMES and SUNDAY TIMES bestseller with over half a million coppies sold around the world (buy here in Bulgaria) and Classic Christmas Stories, which is a mix of original Christmas related stories of around the world. Can't wait to cozy up with a hot cocoa in one hand and one of these beauties in the other any time soon.

Are you ready with the holiday shopping or like me always have something little left to buy in the last minute?


SHARE:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig