May 24, 2020

Simple Habits For Being More Productive And On Top Of Your Game



This year, I am working on myself for myself.

 
Eager to learn and experience more, I keep on trying to enrich my daily life with habits that will enhance my personal and professional growth. Success is something that we all want in our lives, and on many occasions for it to come, it requires a critical change of mindset.
Taking the decision to change yourself and your actions is often a top priority in our New Year’s Resolution, but often we are not quite ready to make the sacrifices in order to make it.
Especially for you I have created a list of all the habits that changed the way I work and thought it would be helpful to you too. Success comes when you are focused and surrounded with amazing people with loads of positive energy and determination, but creating habits that you will follow is the first step to transform your everyday life, one step at a time.  Of course you know I do not believe that success is possible without hard work, but that comes also down to habits. Note that consistency is the key.
I am sure all of us, especially nowadays, wish to have more hours in a day. Usually I feel very overwhelmed with the number of things I have in one day, but to be honest, and it is proven, we do not need more hours in one day, we just need to be more productive and more dedicated. I believe that good organisation is the key for staying on top of your game. Over the last few years I learned what it takes to have balance. In the text below I am sharing few productivity hacks with you.


 

Rise and Shine

Wake up really early!

Vogue Editor Anna Wintour gets out of her bed at 5:45 am and Apple CEO Tim Cook gets up at around 3:45am. Oprah Winfrey and Michelle Obama also have been known to rise at the crack of dawn. How you start the day can affect your mood and give you a sense of control at first over your days, but most importantly over your life. I wake up at 5:30am every morning (when I have to go to work) and at 8am (on weekends) and this gives me 1,5 – 2  hours head start before anyone else. By adopting this attitude, you are a step closer to achieving your goals, spend time with your family and loved ones and take care of your body and soul. After all, you snooze, you lose, right?

Journal

Shedule your day the night before!

You can not be productive unless you plan everything you want to do the next day. Sometimes we have too many things in our head and it is much easier if you have everything written on the paper and just follow the tasks and tick them off. I know that often things don't work out how we want them to, and that obligations also pop up unexpectedly,  but when you have planned your next day the night before, you already adjust your brain and your body for the next steps during the night and wake up super ready to accomplish everything from the list.


 

Exercise

 
Morning exercise is the best way to wake up your body and mind. Hitting the gym early gives an amazing boost to your body and affects your mood in the best possible way. There is a sense of accomplishment with getting your exercise done for the day, and if you have a Monday to Friday job as me, it doesn’t have to be an everyday appointment, but at least two or three times a week 30 minute workout at home would make wonders too. Did I also mention that you sleep better as well?
Morning workout makes us think and work better and have much more focus and energy, John Ratey from Harvard University claims that exercising is extremely important for reaching high performances in intellectually demanding jobs. I noticed that when I work out I make better decisions.


 

Power Breakfast

 

Making a healthy breakfast with highly nutritional value will both keep your energy levels high throughout the day and your brain sharp! Few of my favourite breakfast options are either a bowl of oatmeal or some granola with blueberries, coconut milk and yoghurt. Let’s not forget about a cup of cappuccino or espresso with dash of soy milk, I don’t care if this habit is good or not it is for sure my favourite one!

 

Seek Inspiration

 

Always, always have someone successful to look at for inspiration. When I start lacking productivity and feel miserable I always watch a video or two of my favourite youtubers or read a book by someone successful and inspiring. For example, I could not describe to you how I felt after reading the GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso.. It gave me motivation and determination for weeks after that.. Whoever that person may be for you, just find your everyday life motivator.





 
I would love to hear your habits and tips for success. Let’s make the comments below a journal where we can all share our thoughts, suggestions and ways to grow ourselves.


Satin robe - H&M  / Bed and bedding - IKEA 

SHARE:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig